More than just a delicious fruit, cherries are packed with tons of nutritional benefits! Having less than 100 calories and half a gram of fat per serving they perfectly fit into a health diet.
Here are some health benefits of cherries”
– They reduce inflammation. Studies proved that cherry consumption reduces several biomarkers associated with chronic inflammatory diseases.
– Cherries are full of antioxidants. The antioxidants have the ability to prevent cancer and heart disease, as well as fighting off free radicals.
– Cherries are an excellent source of potassium, which helps to lower blood pressure by getting rid of the excess sodium in our body.
– They are an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber. A one-cup serving of cherries contains 16 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C and over two grams of fiber.
– Cherries can improve brain function. Some studies shown that they can also reduce symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and Huntington’s disease.
– Cherries help you sleep better being a natural source of melatonin, a hormone that helps control sleep.
– They can reduce stroke risk. Researchers from the University of Michigan Health System found that tart cherries provide cardiovascular benefits equal to some medications.